Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hardest Hit Fund saves home of Phyllis Qualls-Brooks

by Marcus Washington, News Channel 5


NASHVILLE, Tenn. - In a huge settlement against major banks, Tennessee stands to get $141 million  to help save thousands of homes from foreclosure.

Phyllis Qualls-Brooks walks the path many Tennesseans have traveled in this rocky economic downturn.
"Because of budget cuts my position was eliminated," said Qualls-Brooks.

Without a job she could not pay her mortgage, so she turned to a program she heard about through the Tennessee Housing Development Agency, THDA, called the "Hardest Hit Fund."
"I finished the application process; I was approved. That day was a wonderful day in my life," said Qualls-Brooks. (link)

I was Phyllis Qualls-Brooks housing counselor and helped her get qualified for the Hardest Hit Fund. Call me, I may be able to help you. There is no charge for my service.

Rod Williams
Senior Housing Counselor
Woodbine Community Organization
Work phone #: 615-850-3453
FAX: 615-833-9727
web site: Woodbinecommunity.org



No comments:

Post a Comment